Tuesday, July 19, 2016

No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars


No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars to go!  I made this bar before back in 2013!!  I think it's about time that I made another version of this bar again.  Any healthy nuts, dried fruit, seeds you have, just add it into this bar and you are good to go!

Packed and ready to grab and go bar.  My girls loved it!






Ingredients:

(A)
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup pure honey
1/8 tsp. rock salt (or sea salt) 

(B)
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup broken walnuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. chia seeds 

2 Tbsp. cocoa 

Method:

1.  In a big bowl.  Add in (A).  Whisk until combined.

2.  Add in (B), stir with a spatula until everything is sticky and mixed well.  If it's too dry, add more honey.

3.  Line a baking dish with alum. foil.  Pour content on it and shape and press well into the baking dish. [I sprinkled some chia seeds on top at this stage, but it's optional.]  Refrigerate for 4 hours.  Cut into bar, wrap with cling wrap, put into an air-tight container and keep refrigerated until ready to use.  

*These bars will last for 2 weeks in the fridge.  However, I don't think it would last this long in my house as it was simply delicious!!*

1 comment:

tigerfish said...

I have been making bars like this too! Yep, the no-bake type. The part I don't like is the "wet" process. So I actually skip most of the mixing and just use peanut butter :p