Saturday, July 12, 2014

More Malaysian Food


Alkaline Kuih (Tee Ya kuih?).  On this trip back, I wanted to try this kuih because my late grandma always made it during the Chinese New Year.  Hers was yellow in color and she would made a big rectangular size tray and we had it throughout the CNY.  She would also pan-fried it to eat it with soy sauce three-layers pork.  I wasn't too crazy about this back then, but this kuih managed to stick inside my memory and it was something that I wanted to revisit again.  My dad also missed his mom's kuih and would go to eat this occasionally.  I was happy that I got to eat it again but somehow it didn't taste quite the same.


The alkaline kuih was served with this braised three layers pork.


This fried lor bak was delicious!!


Fried broad rice noodle with eggy sauce  (wor tan hor)


Hokkein noodle, just got to have this at least once when we go back.  (sorry the picture turned out a bit blurry)

2 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Everything look absolutely delicious, I also wanted to try my hands with Tee Ya kuih..gotten the recipe from my SIL but still need to gather the important ingredients.

Juliana said...

Everything looks so tasty...finished dinner not long ago, but already hungry just to look at the pictures.
Enjoy the rest of your week :D