Saturday, October 26, 2013

Gluten Free Almond Flaxseed Coconut Cookies


What to do with the almond meal in my refrigerator that I got from making almond milk right?  I wanted to make a gluten free cookie but it also has to be healthy and delicious.  So, I had to play with what I have in my pantry and freezer and came out with this idea and combination.  Luckily this cookie turned out delicious so that I would be able to share the recipe with you all.  It would be a keeper for me as well as I would definitely make this again!

This would make such a great gift to those healthy conscious or gluten free teachers at school!!   Christmas is approaching and this cookie will serve well to the gluten free guests or as a gift to your gluten free friends and relatives.


Soft, chewy and packed with goodness!  Not to say yummilicious!!  Sooo good, you got to try it and feedback to me ya!  And if you do a blog post, remember to link back to my original recipe and credit me, that would be much appreciated.   It's a joy to share the recipe that I created and I love reading feedback but I also want to be credited for my effort. *wink*


Ingredients:

1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of cane sugar
1 large brown egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup almond meal (from making the almond milk)
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut for baking

Methods:

1.  In a large Pyrex bowl, add in the butter and melt it in the microwave for 1 minute.  

2.  Add cane sugar into the melted butter, whisk until dissolved.  Add egg and vanilla, whisk well.

3.  Add almond meal, flaxseed and finely shredded coconut, mix with a spatula until combined.

4.  Preheat the oven to 325'F.  Use the small cookie scoop and scoop into a parchment lined baking sheet.  Flatten with a spoon.  Bake each tray in the middle rack of the oven for 15 minutes.  Or use convection oven (300'F for 15 minutes).

5.  When done, take it out and let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring it to cool completely on the wire rack.  As the cookies are soft when warm and crisp up when cooled.  Store in an air-tight container.  Enjoy!

~Yields 33 cookies.

1 comment:

tigerfish said...

Appearance-wise, they look like the famous Almond Roca! :p